Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Redbox Killed the Video Store

I’ve decided that I don’t like redbox (or Netflix, etc.). It’s like the video that killed the radio star. All those forlorn looking buildings with jagged mountains or blue ticket stubs being the only remnants of former video stores… It’s all so… so depressing.

And on a Friday night, when the sudden craving to watch, oh, I don’t know… “Multiplicity” or something like that hits you, how do you satisfy it? There’s no redbox in town that holds movies that old. Naturally, Netflix isn’t ‘instant streaming’ it either, and who wants to wait three days or more? By the time it arrives in the post the craving has passed and you’re wishing you put “Step Up” in your que instead.

Makes me glad I live in a town small enough to still have a little local video store!

Am I the only one that feels this way?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally did this! I love your reviews and insights.

    BTW, do you take requests? I have a bunch of movies I want to watch, but would love a "trusted" review first. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I will gladly take requests. Let me know what you want to see... and I'll see it first!

    ReplyDelete