Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Two Weeks Notice


*imdb.com
This film pairs two of today’s best romantic comedy stars – Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant. I don’t know what it is about Hugh Grant. I personally don’t think he’s that attractive, but he’s so dang charming you can’t help but love him! Like many of his other films, in this one he plays a rich spoiled irresponsible 30-something, this time a big businessman. Sandra Bullock, the quintessential girl-next-door, plays a down-to-earth, tree-hugging, underdog lawyer who somehow ends up working for her arch nemesis.

As with most romantic comedies, the plot gets pretty predictable, especially near the end. But it doesn’t matter because it’s a story we all like to see. On the whole, I remember really enjoying this film. I thought it was very cute, and very funny. The two main leads are so good at comedy! And it’s got some great music by Michael Buble and Nora Jones.

However - as usual - Hollywood can’t resist putting in a few suggestive lines and situations, particularly one scene that shows a girl in her underwear. I hate that part! It always makes me feel so awkward. I mean, wouldn’t it be just as effective for her to catch them just kissing or something? Skip that scene and you’ve got a pretty decent movie. I don’t remember too much profanity, though I’m sure it’s in there.

Overall, this is a cute “rom-com” with great stars. Just don’t let your kids watch it, or you might have some `splaining to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment